Obsidian.md plugin: Task Collector

I've had a lovely time working with Obsidian.md. Some day I will have to do a proper write-up of how I'm using it to organize my brain.

The TL;DR version is that I had a mental log-jam in March, when the kids finished their first D&D campaign while I was also in the middle of starting some new things for the day job. I made a vault for D&D, and dumped ALL of the stuff there (removing it from the scattering of notes I had in places, and netting out all the relationships I kind of had just lying around in my head). I made another vault for the rest of what is in my brain, and that is proceeding at a slower pace.

In any event, the way things have evolved, I needed a plugin that did something a little differently for a specific kind of task that is associated with a project, so I created the Task Collector plugin.


J4K Keynote: OMG The Best Java Ever!

OMG! I had a hard time writing this. I was asked if I would do it, which I said yes to before really having a clear idea what I wanted to talk about. As a keynote for J4K, I could have spoken about … a whole plethora of things.


Some notes about jitpack

I created another weird side project, this one only sort of related to monsters. I do (still) use FightClub5 as a player, and to manage what my players have to deal with / look at for our campaigns. Obsidian has started to take over as campaign manager, because encounters are created/set up/and tracked in Roll20.

I have been working with https://github.com/kinkofer/FightClub5eXML/ to stitch together the sources I want for FightClub5 (the source for these XML files in turn is https://5e.tools/, which is pretty good, too).

One thing lead to another, and time passed, and I worked on the Quarkus CLI, and then I had the idea to write my own client that could do all of the steps required (validate the xml, merge/combine/filter with XSLT) and additionally convert the output into markdown.

Happy Happy!